Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I just had my wisdom teeth out, how do I brush my teeth?????

I had a very pleasent expeience getting my wisdom teeth removed its the 5th day (had it done Fri morn and now its tues) and I've have had no pain only nausea due to the pain meds but how can I brush my teeth back there?? I am afraid to get too close to the site. My teeth are so gross in the back right now that my top teeth are sticking together to my bottom teeth. All my front teeth are kept clean easily but I HATE dirty teeth and the gritty feeling eewww... . Is it safe to brush ALL my teeth now? When will it be? When can I eat and brush like normal?? What else besides brushing can I do? Thank you so much!

I just had my wisdom teeth out, how do I brush my teeth?????
Try brushing very slowly. Not even brushing but more like wiping the tooth with your brush. Try gargling with mouth wash.





I completely understand how you feel about NOT brushing. Just don't sacrafice the healing site for clean teeth.
Reply:i'm in the dental field and used to wk for an oral surgeon. just brush the AROUND the area gingerly.


dont chew on the side where you had your wisdom teeth extracted


DO NOT spit or suck on a straw. it'll cause a suction and will suck out blood from the extraction site that you need to heal. you don't want a dry socket. it's REALLY paiful


no strenuos activity cuz it'll cause that area to throb


take ibuprofen, it'll help with the inflamation


soft food diet. no chips, tacos, nothing seedy, etc. u dont want anything logged into the extration site





hope this helps



skin cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment