Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Starting to have teeth problems again, what can I do...?

I have really bad teeth and have had for years. Last year I had to have 3 teeth pulled on the same side (frankly I think it was the dentists fault). I had an abscess on an upper wisdom tooth and had that pulled but nothing was done about the abscess. A month later, I lost the next in line (again with an infection), then a month later I lost the third tooth so I only have two back teeth on the upper left side. Each time, he said he didn't know where the infection was coming from but did nothing about the infection. Well, it has been a year and except for some twinges now and then everything has been fine. But last week my cheek started puffing and getting white stripes in it just like before. I don't have a tooth ache but my lower jaw feels like it is asleep (only on the left side) and my upper gum where he pulled the teeth is starting to ache. What on earth can be wrong with my mouth? I don't have dental insurance and will not use the same dentist as before. help...

Starting to have teeth problems again, what can I do...?
Have you been seeing another dentist every six months?





I suggest you find a new dentist, get a full set of x-rays, get a full exam, and perhaps some of these infections can be avoided.





Decay eats away at a tooth...when it reaches the nerve, root or gums, then infections set it...causing tremendous pain. Seeing the dentist regularly can help avoid the decay from getting out of hand.





Please get EVERYTHING checked out. Emergency visits usually only cover the area that's bothering you...this doesn't include a thorough exam.
Reply:I think you should be very concerned. All these infections are not healthy for you. I suggest you find another dentist that will either take payments or work with you. You need to have some full xrays and a good repupatable dentist.



my dog

No comments:

Post a Comment