Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Teeth whitening and white fillings?

I have horrible teeth because I used to be bulimic and I smoke and drink coffee alot.


I'm going to quit smoking and I wouldn't mind giving up the coffee, I have recovered from bulimia so getting my teeth whitened seems like a great motivation to be healthier (no smoking) and to just feel better about my smile.


my dentist told me they first whitten your teeth, then wait two weeks and then replace all the white filings.





I have a lot of white fillings! seriously ALOT! so I am a bit embarrased to wait two weeks to get them changed.





I would like to know if those white fillings become extremely visible after getting your teeth whitened?





I don't know if I would like to stay two weeks with all those fillings so obvious. Its embarrasing, its humilliating and its a constant reminder of how much I damaged my teeth in the past.


Thats the only reason thats holding me back with this procedure. Any advice is appreciated and welcome! :)

Teeth whitening and white fillings?
Whoa! I really don't like the sound of that plan. I think maybe you need to look for a dentist that does a lot of cosmetic work. It might be better for you to get veneer crowns (sort of a shell that fits over the front of your tooth) I am not real hot on taking out fillings to match teeth that have been bleached. Bleaching is not a permanent solution. In answer to your actual question, tho. Yes, the white fillings will probably be considerably darker than your natural teeth after they are bleached. The bleaching doesn't do anything to the filling material, so it will stay the same. Normally, if you have a lot of fillings or crowns on your front teeth, I would say you are not even a good candidate for bleaching. I would for sure get a second opinion because you are talking some major money here between the bleaching and replacing a bunch of fillings.
Reply:I have both whitened my teeth and have 'white' fillings. But they are not actually white, they are more like clear and look just like your teeth but a littler yellower so I wouldnt worry about it. Mine are in my back teeth though so I don't have to worry about them, and I assume yours are in the front where others would see?? Either way, like I said they are not white.



business finance

No comments:

Post a Comment