Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bad teeth bridges anyone??

I was over in thailand last year had a small chip on my tooth (next to 2 front ones) and decided to see if i could get it fixed. I think i was totally butchered as the dentist ended up taking the chipped teeth out then filing away half of the perfectly healthy 1 front tooth to make a bridge? and since being home the bridge came out and what is under was really bad i think the tooth she filed is decaying,My own dentist stuck it back in temporarily and now i can see a sort of gap in the front teeth its quite small but i can see a gap with kind of dark bits under it, its worrying and i hate thinking if it will ever fall out on me one day as underneath it looks so bad! Any ideas on what can be done?

Bad teeth bridges anyone??
Unfortunately, you'll have to have a permanent bridge remade, which can be expensive. Or an even more expensive option is dental implants to replace the missing teeth and a crown on the bad tooth that's left. I worked in Texas for many years and you wouldn't believe the number of bridges and crowns that we had to re-do because a patient decided to go to Mexico for their dental treatment because they thought it was cheaper. ;) Hmmm. not cheaper when it has to be redone. (and i know that you didn't go to Thailand just to have dental work done....that's not what i'm saying.) I'm just sorry you had to see a dentist so far away from home. Good luck to ya.
Reply:my best advice is to go to someone who specializes in bridges.



visual arts

No comments:

Post a Comment