Sunday, August 2, 2009

Will a teeth whitening kit damage bonding on front teeth?

I'm getting my two front teeth bonded in two weeks, but I whiten my teeth every few weeks and want to keep them white after the bonding. I know that the whitening bleach doesn't stick to bonding so I'm going to whiten before I get it done. But When I need to redo my teeth is it is ok to put the bleach on the bonding or can it be damaged. I want to keep my white teeth but I don't want my front teeth to be a different shade than my others. Help!

Will a teeth whitening kit damage bonding on front teeth?
The dentist will match the color to the existing shade of your teeth. You can still bleach after this is done, but the bleach wont work on the bonding so if the bonded teeth have any color change due to food and drinks, they will stay that color.
Reply:Be sure to mention to your dentist that you do maintenance bleaching, that way he will be aware of this when determining your shade. The veneers will not be affected by the bleaching treatment, but because of the shape change you may have to get new bleaching trays made. ie: the new bonding might be longer than what you have now and you wont get a proper fit.



Printing

No comments:

Post a Comment