Sunday, August 2, 2009

Upper teeth braces?

Is it possible just to get braces for your upper teeth? I have a diastema (teeth gap) that I don't like. I've gone to the Orthodonthist and was told the cost for full braces (whole mouth) would be about $5600. I initially wanted to do my whole mouth (top and bottom teeth) because I do have gaps on my lower teeth as well, but they're much smaller and less noticeable, and they never show when I smile, so I'm not really bothered by those. So to save money, now I'm just considering getting braces for my upper teeth to close that gap only. Has anyone ever done this? About how much will it cost?...maybe half of $5600 (if I'm just doing the upper part)? I know I'll have to go to the Ortho again to ask, but just wondering if it'll be possible first! Thanks

Upper teeth braces?
I do not think there is a way to put braces on a few upper teeth to close the gap. Then you will have the gap between other teeth.. My son wares braces and it is a long story. If Dr. starts moving teeth only on upper side, your bite will change and you will suffer more. I've heard that a lot of dentists (not orthodontists) now making braces and it is much cheaper, like half the price. Do some research.
Reply:Your question sounds like this is definitely out of your pocket for cost and no matter what, you WANT to get this done... between figuring out if you should do it and figuring out the price, I can't help you on the doing part but I can help you out with the affordability no matter if it's 1/2 or a whole mouth getting braces on. As long as you haven't gotten any form of braces on your mouth at the minute you read this, then go to: www.beneficialhealthplans.com to see how that program can help you with a reduced pricing on the work on your mouth. Even if you went through with the braces already, visit the website for future help in prices.... it's a great program.



company

No comments:

Post a Comment