Monday, April 20, 2009

Wisdom Teeth and Retainers...?

I%26#039;ve had my braces off for a little over 4 years now and I STILL wear my retainers when I sleep. Well, It seems my wisdom teeth are growing in...and now my bottom teeth are in alot of pain! I put the retainers in during the day sometimes because they ease the pain(and the pressure)that I feel on my front two bottom teeth. They are tight at first, but after 30 min or so, they are loose and fit like the day I got them.





My question is, it%26#039;ll be atleast 6 months before I can afford to get my wisdom teeth out...What%26#039;s going to happen to my teeth? Will they move if I continue to wear my retainers? What about AFTER I get the wisdom teeth out? Will they spread way apart?





I%26#039;m really worried. :(





Thanks!

Wisdom Teeth and Retainers...?
Don%26#039;t stop wearing your retainers. I had 2 cousins who had to get braces all over again bc they stopped the retainers. For me, I wore my retainers for 2 years and then he said to wear them when I sleep. I didn%26#039;t, and now even after all that time, my teeth have moved. I don%26#039;t know what to tell you because I never got my wisdom teeth, but if I were you I%26#039;d wear your retainers anyway. Because now I can get my teeth back in position if I wear the retainers for 3 nights, but it hurts like hell and the retainers normally fall out. So I think it%26#039;s best to just endure the pain because it%26#039;s going to hurt a lot once your teeth have moved. At least wear them at night, and take ibuprofin before you go to bed. Sometimes my retainers are so tight because my teeth have shifted, that I can%26#039;t get to sleep wearing them, so I%26#039;ll wear them around the house when I%26#039;m on the treadmil or reading or cleaning. Just wear them enough that they don%26#039;t shift, I know it hurts. Hope you feel better!
Reply:You may not be able to afford to get your wisdom teeth extracted right now, but seeing your orthodontist shouldn%26#039;t cost you anything. Go back to your ortho and have a consultation. Or at least, see your dentist!





Congrats to you for wearing your retainers regularly. You have been doing the right thing. Don%26#039;t stop wearing your retainer unless your orthodontist tells you to do so! Best of luck to you!



car makes

No comments:

Post a Comment