Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wisdom teeth?

I haven%26#039;t been to the dentist in 2 years. When I left my house at 18 I no longer qualified to be on the insurance and have since not been able to afford it. My dentist had left my wisdom teeth in because he said my mouth was %26quot;big enough for them to fit%26quot;. I brush my teeth and floss but have extreme difficulty getting to the back teeth because my wisdom teeth are in the way. I%26#039;ve been getting major pain on both sides in the back of my mouth and know that I have to have at least one cavity. I just made a dentist appointment for next week to get them cleaned and get his opinion. I am pretty sure my wisdom teeth need to be taken out. How much would that cost, without dental insurance? What does an absess tooth feel like? Can really bad cavities cause you to feel tired, achy, and get frequent headaches? I used to love the dentist but now I%26#039;m scared that he%26#039;s going to yell at me for not saving up money and going to him more often.

Wisdom teeth?
He won%26#039;t yell at you, I promise.


Cost depends on your area and whether or not you get put to sleep.


You%26#039;ll be just fine. Just let him know that cost is an issue and ask him to send you to the least expensive oral surgeon that he refers to. Check carecredit.com. They pay the bill for you and you pay them back. It%26#039;s a legit program used in most medical offices today.


He may give you some antibiotics and/or pain medicine that could buy you a little time, but you must get your wisdom teeth out if that%26#039;s what he prescribes. Your teeth will continue to give you problems down the road if you do not. The pain meds and antibiotics are just a band-aide.





I hope everything goes well! Best wishes!
Reply:yeah i dont know if im getting my wisdom teeth in because i heard that you get them when your 17-21 but im 23 and i got into a major car accident and broke my jaw and i have steel plate in and i was woundering if that my accident post poned my wisdom tooth from coming in cuz im in a lot of pain..lol Report It




phone

No comments:

Post a Comment