Saturday, July 25, 2009

Teeth whitening. I am wearing retainer at night.?

I whitened my teeth a couple months ago, I did it during the day and I've to wear my retainer at night. The problem is there are lines across my teeth, top and bottom. They make my teeth look like they're 2 colors and make me look funny, too. I've straight teeth now but I don't like 2tone colors on them (If you take a close look at them). Please help!! Should I whiten my teeth again? Or what should I do??

Teeth whitening. I am wearing retainer at night.?
It sounds like what you have is partial decalcification or softening of the enamel around where your brackets were. If that was indeed the case the would show your teeth as being one coler except for where the brackets were and those spaces would be another color. If that is the case whitening them repeatedly will only soften the difference but never remove it as both sections will whiten equally and the difference in colors would still be evident. Talk with your dentist about what cosmetic options he/she would recommend.
Reply:I am not sure what the lines are from but I would not suggest using the whiteners again this soon, most say every 6 months. What might help is Crest Vivid White tooth paste. This will help even out the color of your teeth and hopefully get rid of those lines. I would also suggest investing in an electric tooth brush, this will help naturally whiten your teeth and keep them white.





Good Luck!



hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment